What we accept
To make everyones life easier and here is a list of the items that we will accept in our store and the items we do not. This is based on years of experience of what we can sell.
- Original / Framed / Decorator / Canvas
- Metal and iron wall hangings
- Home Décor (Minimum retail value of $10) We don’t price anything under $5
- Decorative accessories
- Holiday (Seasonal)
- Lamps with shades, some exceptions apply
- Small accent furniture
- Bedroom furniture
- Headboards/footboards, dressers, nightstands, small wardrobes
- Living Room furniture
- Sofa, loveseat, sectional chaise lounge, recliner, tables, chairs, ottomans
- Dining Room furniture
- Table and chairs, server/sideboard, only select china cabinets, pub table
- Home Office
- Desks, credenza, desk chairs
- Accent Furniture
- Barstools, decorative chest, curio cabinet, bookcase, baker’s rack
- Outdoor Furniture (Seasonal)
- Upholstered furniture
- Age: 5 years or younger preferred. Mature pieces will be considered and accepted based on brand, style, color and condition.
We Do Not Accept
Furniture and home decor:
- Chandeliers (hard-wired fixtures)
- Commercial office furniture
- Entertainment centers, large armoires
- Exercise equipment
- Glass top dining tables, end table, coffee tables (selective)
- Lacquer furniture
- Lamps without shades or with yellowed/damaged shades
- Particle board furniture
- Textiles (Draperies, linens, bedding, most rugs)
- Unframed art, faded prints, art with dated matting or framing
- Items with missing or broken hardware
- Items in need of repair, cleaning, refinishing or re-upholstery
- Furniture with water stains or noticeable scratches on the primary surfaces
Women’s Apparel :
- Knock off designer purses
- Clothing older than 5 years
- Formal wear
- High School Dance dresses
- 1980’s furs
- Out of season clothing
- Wedding gowns
- Men’s or children’s clothing
Evilena’s Red Dresser accepts a variety of quality furniture in nearly-new condition. We love the eclectic mix of styles, but still must be in good condition. Merchandise must be clean and ready to be presented for resale. The better is looks, the better it sells!
- Upholstered and Leather Furniture
- Should be vacuumed on top of and under cushions
- Free of rips, stains, tears, worn upholstery
- Free from discoloration from sunlight or inconsistency of fabric
- Smoke free/ Odor free/ Free of pet hair
- Cushions should have little to no indication of sagging or lack of shape.
- Stable construction
- Hard Goods (Tables, Bookcases, Bedroom furniture, etc…)
- Dust and cob web free.
- Free of watermarks and discoloration.
- Free of major scratches, chips or other noticeable flaws.
- No broken or missing hardware pieces. Drawers and doors must operate properly.
- Hardware for items that are not pre-assembled must be in a plastic sealed bag and labeled appropriately.
- Legs and frame must be sturdy
Clothing should come on hangers,(we will give your hangers back) wrinkle free as possible, clean, free of pet hair, snags, odors, tears, pilling, deodorant stain or other stains. All buttons, hooks, and zippers should work and be present. If the item has belt loops, the belt should also be present.
Furs: Check for dry rot in the seams, torn lining, torn pockets, hair coming out, or odors. If any of this is present we cannot accept them.
We found that this process goes quicker and limits your wait time, if we limit the amount from each consignor, and clothing items are on hangers.
Monday-Friday: 5am – 11pm
Saturday: 5am – 10pm
Sunday: 5am – 9pm